After closing the Hale House last season out of concern for the safety of our visitors and docents, the Matunuck Preservation Society is delighted to announce that they will be re-opening for the 2021 season! Built as a guest house on Weeden Farm, the Hale House was a summer refuge for the Hales who enjoyed hiking, canoeing, tennis, baseball, swimming, and other various activities. This year’s exhibit will include highlights from photographs taken in 1902 of the Hale and Weeden families summering in Matunuck and partaking in these pursuits. While there are many written accounts in diaries and letters of the two families enjoying these pastimes, this is the only extensive visual record known to exist.


Hale House visitations will be by appointment only and will begin at the start of summerTo book a visit, please call 401-830-4677.